April 23, 2020
Kenyon has temporarily adjusted its operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more here.
Founders' Day celebrates the unbroken line of people who have formed the College's strong foundation, from Bishop Philander Chase and his benefactors to all the members of the present-day administration, faculty, staff and student body.
Following the ceremony, the incoming class plants a tree on the College grounds. The day's events also include the Founders' Memorial, the presentation of Philander Chase Medals for Distinguished Service and the Matriculation Oath. After taking the oath, students sign the College's Matriculation Book.
This year, the following people and events will be recognized and celebrated:
• Faculty members who are marking 25 years at Kenyon
• Community members recognized with the Middle Path Medal
• The presentation of the fall inductees to Beta of Ohio, Phi Beta Kappa
• The presentation of the 2018 Faculty Advising Award
• The introduction of the newest members of the Kenyon College Board of Trustees
• The official matriculation of the Class of 2023 into the family of Kenyon College with the taking of the Matriculation Oath
• Members of the Kenyon community who have passed on in the last year
Thursday, October 31, 2019
Rosse Hall Auditorium
105 College Drive, Gambier, OH 43022