Founders' Day celebrates the unbroken line of people who have formed the College's strong foundation, from Bishop Philander Chase and his benefactors to all the members of the present-day administration, faculty, staff and student body.
This year's faculty address will be given by the Roy T. Wortman Distinguished Professor of History Wendy Singer.
Following the ceremony, the incoming class plants a tree on the College grounds. The day's events also include the Founders' Memorial, the presentation of Philander Chase Medals for Distinguished Service and the Matriculation Oath. After taking the oath, students sign the College's Matriculation Book.
This year, the following people and events will be celebrated:
• Faculty members who are marking 25 years at Kenyon: Professor of Women's and Gender Studies Laurie Finke
• Community members recognized with the Middle Path Medal: M. Beverly Morse, Peter T.C. Smith, Alice Cornwell Straus
• The presentation of the fall inductees to Beta of Ohio, Phi Beta Kappa
• The presentation of the 2018 Faculty Advising Award
• The official matriculation of the Class of 2022 into the family of Kenyon College with the taking of the Matriculation Oath
• Members of the Kenyon community who have passed on in the last year
Thursday, October 25, 2018
Rosse Hall Auditorium
105 College Drive, Gambier, OH 43022