Global climate change is widely acknowledged to be the defining challenge of our time. Its impacts ripple through the environmental, social and economic fabric of societies across the planet. What is it, where is it headed and how can we act to limit its progress?
Join David Heithaus, director of the Office for Green Initiatives for a sobering primer and some hints at a silver lining on what is, arguably, a very dark cloud.
This event is part of Kenyon's month-long Earth Day festivities.
Schedule of Events:
• March 30: "Climate Change: What Is It and Can We Stop It?" with David Heithaus at the BFEC
• April 1: Electronics Recycling at the Gambier Community Center
• April 6: "Climate Change: What Is It and Can We Stop It?" with David Heithaus at the Wright Center
• April 18: "Renewable Energy and Climate," part of the VISITS series, at the Wright Center
• April 22: Keep It Wild, Earth Day at the BFEC
• April 23: Earth Day Challenge, half marathon and 4-miler at the Kenyon Athletic Center
• April 24: Green Burial and Local Land Conservation presentation at the Kokosing Nature Preserve
Thursday, March 30 at 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Brown Family Environmental Center
9781 Laymon Road, Gambier, Ohio 43022